GOV UDOM EMMANUEL’S ENERGY AND POWER PLAN
Power is the life wire of industrialization and with the coming of more industries, industrial city, investors
and SMEs, power, therefore, must be given a serious attention. Even with the achievements we have so
far recorded in the power sector, my completion agenda has made concrete plans to bring about 24
hours power supply in all parts of the State.
These will be achieved through:
● Rehabilitation of unit GTG-1 and 2 phase of 500MW to start off
● Extension of Power Supply to Ikot Abasi to capture EPZ
● QIPP to start off with 575MW
● Provision of power supply to Industrial park at ITAM
● Power Supply to all Rural and Riverine Areas of the State
● Construction of 132/33KV, 2X60MVA substation at Oron
● Constant Power supply to Ibom Specialist Hospital and E-Library
● Construction of 33/11KV, 2X15MVA Injection substation at new Stadium Road – Uyo
● Procurement of Transformer, Conductors, armored cables for overhauling of electrical facilities.
In line with the global innovation on energy following a paradigm shift from an energy system powered by
increasingly expensive, dirty and unsustainable fossil fuel resources towards the one powered by
abundant, clean, local and affordable renewable energy sources, my completion agenda has also made provision for the establishment of Thermal–Electricity Generator and Waste–to-Electricity, Resources and
Development Laboratory as well as Technology Workshop.