60 Reasons why indigenes and Residents of Uyo will Vote Udom Emmanuel
Uyo as a village, a local government and a state capital has never had it this good, like they have under Governor Udom Emmanuel. So many life touching projects. Let’s count some:
1. Governor Udom Emmanuel constructed Dr. Ann Ward Gynecology block at St. Luke’s Hospital, Anua, Uyo.
2. He rehabilitated of administrative block and wards at St. Luke’s Hospital, Anua,
3. He spent enough resources to acquire, construct and install a 2 x 5 MVA, 33/11 KV injection substation, Edet Akpan Avenue, Uyo.
4. Governor Udom Emmanuel turned a criminal hideout to a State Secretariat Annex, along Udo Udoma, Uyo.
5. He spent millions to control flood at Nsikak Eduok Avenue, construct Akwa Efak street and channel water through Tropicana, Afaha Etok to Ibesikpo.
6. In Uyo, we have a 21 Storey modern Office Complex ongoing. Workers are on the 17th floor now. Amazing!
7. Governor Emmanuel intervened in Gully erosion at Etim Umana, St. Luke’s Hospital Gully Erosion sites in collaboration with World Bank Assisted Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP). Buildings, lives and property are saved. Awesome!
8. Still in Uyo, he gave a face lift of the Idongesit Nkanga Secretariat Complex, with tarred roads and paved walk ways from the Civil Service Auditorium to Block 5 and adjoining car parks.
9. In Uyo, there is ongoing construction of 8,500 capacity International Worship Centre. We will build for the Lord. Others can go build for their God’s.
10 The dualization of 20.0km Uyo – Etinan Road (Ikot Oku Ikono) takes off from Uyo.
11 Dualization of the 14.5km Uyo/Airport Junction – Okopedi Okobo Road,
12 Dualization of 9.5km Ring Road III in Aka Nung Udoe Road. Work has intensified.
13. Construction of 2.1km Road around State Secretariat Annex and Believers Assembly, Mbiabong Etoi, Uyo. It was a nightmare, before now.
14. Uyo is now safe, no cases of political kidnapping.
15. Street lights that were vandalized have been restored, new ones installed.
So so many roads, let’s count together
16. Construction of 1.5km Nsikak Eduok – Tropicana Outfall Drain
17. Construction of 1.05km Information Drive, Uyo
18. Construction of the 6.1 km Atan Offot Road in Uyo
19. Construction of 19.317km Anua – Mbak – Ishiet Road
20. Construction of 5.1km Ewet Housing Extension
21. Remodeling/Rehabilitation of Selected Roads, Strategic Junctions & Roundabouts In Uyo Metropolis, Phase I
22. Construction of 1.3km Ntiedo Udosen Street
23. Construction of Ikot Akpan Abia – Oboyo Ikot Ita – Enen Nsit Road
24. Citrus & Pineapple hybrid plantation, Uyo Village Road
25. Construction of Akparen Street
26. Construction of Ibiono Lane
27. Construction of Etoi Street
28. Construction of Udotung Ubo Lane
29. Construction of Afaha Etok Ibesikpo
30. Construction of Vision Close,
Nsukara 31. Construction of
32. Construction of Kastrophy Hotel Road Off D Line, Ewet Housing
33. Construction of Graceland School Road, Shelter
Afrique 34. Construction of Aka Community
School Road with Spur to Aka/road by ‘C’ Division Police Station
35. Construction of Akpa Ube Close by IBB Opposite Ibom Hall
36. Construction of Akpa Ube Crescent by AKEES Office Opposite Ibom Hall
37. Proposed Completion of Nung Ette – Shelter Afrique Dual Carriage
38. Construction of Access Road to Atlantic FM and its Environs
39. Construction of All Grace School Road and
Prof. Offiong Street, Shelter Afrique
40. Construction of Youth Avenue (Winners
Chapel Mbiabong Road) in Uyo
41. Emergency Completion of Ediye Street by 4-
Lane, Ewet Housing Estate
42. Emergency Completion of Stallion Hotel Road
Linking G-Line, Ewet Housing Estate, Uyo
43. Emergency Completion of Akpan Andem Street, immediately after 4-
Lane traffic light, Itiam/Ewet Housing, Uyo
44. Emergency Completion of Akpan Andem Street, immediately after 4-Lane traffic light, Itiam/Ewet Housing, Uyo
45. Construction of Ukim Close off D-Line, Ewet Housing Estate. 46. Construction of Akpasak
Est. Access Road
47. Renovation of 7 Classroom Block at P/S Ikot Ntuen Oku
48. Renovation of Library Block at Vocation Sch. Ikot Ntuen Oku
49. Electrification at Atai Obio Offot
50. Electrification at Nung Ukim Ikono
51. Renovation of 3 Classroom Block at P/S Ikot Ntuen Oku
52. Renovation of 2Hall/ Classroom at CCSS, Four Towns
53. Construction of 3Classroom at CCSS, Four Towns
54. Renovation of a long Hall at Group Sch. Ikot Odung/ Ikot Obio Mkpong
55. Construction of Civic Centre at Atan Offot
56. Electrification at Ifa Ikot Idang
57. Extension of Udo Udoma avenue down to Abak road, work has advanced.
58. Appointment of Uyo sons and daughters in Government.
59. Ensuring peaceful collaboration of foreigners with indigenes of Uyo and Akwa Ibom State, quelling every potential uprising.
60 Governor Udom Emmanuel has eased the burden of transporters with tax free days and regulation of ticketing amongst others.
The reasons are inexaustible. One good turn deserves another.